Thrillcall @ Noise Pop 2012
Noise Pop has partnered with Thrillcall to give you another shot at getting tickets to all the shows you thought you were going to miss. Each day during Noise Pop 2012, Thrillcall’s brand new app will release a new set of tickets for that night’s shows – even shows that are sold out. We’ll also be hosting contests, private VIP events and other exclusive goodies throughout the festival and beyond – check back here for a running update of what we’ve got on deck. We’ll be updating with new surprises multiple times a day (and, of course, announcing those surprises on Twitter – come join us!).
So what’s going on at Thrillcall these days?
On the App
Don’t have it yet? Download it directly (link opens iTunes app store): http://bit.ly/thrillcallapp
- Budos Band, tonight @ The Independent: $20
Sleigh Bells, tonight @ Regency Center Ballroom: $21 (very limited!)(very sold out!)
- Dirty Ghosts ticket package: 2 tickets to the show at Brick & Mortar, semi-private booth, 2 drink tickets: $30
Papercuts @ The Independent, 2/22 – $9 Cursive @ Great American Music Hall – $16 Very limited number of tickets available to the sold-out Wye Oak show Friday at The Independent.(sold out!) Craig Finn (lead singer of The Hold Steady) @ Bottom of the Hill – $14(sold out!) Noise Pop pre-party! Class Actress @ Academy of Sciences SF. Free entry through the app in very limited quantity.(sold out!)
- 2/22-23: Win tickets to see the sold out Atlas Sound show on 2/25 at Bimbo’s 365 Club!
2/21: win tickets to see Sleigh Bells at the Regency Ballroom! Entries open until 2/22 at 1pm. 2/20 through 2/21 on the app: a third and final chance to win Flaming Lips tickets is underway! Grab the app to enter!(congrats Jessica!) Enter through the app to win 2 tickets to see the Flaming Lips at Bimbo’s 365 Club on 2/21/2012 – co-sponsored by the totally awesome 8tracks.(hooray Paul!) Pre-register through the app to win 2 tickets to see the Flaming Lips at Bimbo’s 365 Club on 2/21/2012.(expired – congrats Drew!)
Noise Pop 2012 Playlist
We’ve tapped 8tracks to create a playlist of some of our favorite artists playing Noise Pop 2012. Enjoy:
[8tracks width="300" height="250" playops="" url="http://8tracks.com/mixes/604029"]
Previews & Reviews
- Cursive’s Tim Kasher talks R. Kelly, conjoined twins and helicopter chases in our recent interview.
- Built to Spill’s Doug Martsch admits he’s only a slightly talented musician in our interview with him.
- The Thrillcall team converged at Grimes’ show to start the week, read what Phillip’s thoughts on the show.
- Paralyzed by choice? We pick one must-see Noise Pop show per day – with video previews – in our Day-By-Day Guide to Noise Pop 2012.
- Noise Pop turns 20 this year – browse our 20 Years in Posters gallery, dating back to its 5-band inception in 1993.
Tweet us photos of yourself at a Noise Pop show for a chance to be featured in a gallery below and/or on our Facebook page. If you catch us at the same show (and we’ll be going to a ton of these Noise Pop shows), we’ve been known to buy drinks for our fans on a whim.
Click any image below to be taken to a full gallery:
The Flaming Lips photo review (Noise Pop opening night @ Bimbo’s 365 Club)
Die Antwoord photo review (2/22 @ Regency Ballroom)
Built to Spill photo review (2/23 @ The Fillmore)
Matthew Dear photo review (2/24 @ Public Works)
Wye Oak photo review (2/24 @ The Independent)
Surfer Blood photo review (2/25 @ The Independent)
The Dodos photo review (2/26 @ Great American Music Hall)